Monday, August 8, 2011

Praise

Yesterday Kylea and I went shopping in LR for some much needed Mother/Daughter time.  When we returned, we began up the road that would lead to our house and were stopped just prior to our house being visible by a police car blocking the road with blue lights flashing.  You can imagine the pause my heart took.  Kylea immediately went hysterical as her precious baby(dog) was at home alone while we were gone.

There was a power line down in the road ahead.  The house to my right had lost many shingles and portions of the siding on the outside.  The house to my right had a tree lying on the ground in the backyard and we could see where another tree lay across the road in front of this house.  This would be the house directly across the street from my house.  I opened my car door and stepped out and the police officer told me I would have to turn around.  I explained my house was directly behind him and he said he was sorry but he could not let me pass through.

I could only glimpse roofing shingles and twisted metal in my front yard and barely see the top of my roof.

I got back into my car and turned around and went around the block to enter my street from the back.  More trees down were visible all around the neighborhood....

We drove across small limbs and pulled into the carport and Kylea immediately ran to the house.  I stepped out of my car and began a tour of my house from the outside.  I stepped over limbs that had fallen out of trees.  To my left another tree had fallen on the house the sits across the street from my driveway.  I rounded the front of my house and a tree that had stood between my neighbor's house and mine had fallen....on his roof. 

As I walked all around my house, I could visibly see there was not a shingle missing...nor any other damage visible....

For eight years now I have prayed and asked God to be my Husband, my Father, my Companion and Friend....as well as my Deliverer, my Shield, my Rock and my Fortress.  He has never failed me.  We have never experienced any major catastrophes.  I just have to give Him praise for once again taking care of me and mine!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the All Mighty...I will say to the Lord, "You are my Refuge, my Fortress, my God in whom I trust!"  Psalm 91: 1,2

 Psalm 138: 1-3
"I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart;
   before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple
   and will praise your name
   for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,
for you have so exalted your solemn decree
   that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me;
   you greatly emboldened me. "

Still in Awe of His mercy and grace,
Arla

--
"For He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways..." Psalm 91:11

No comments: