Friday, May 6, 2011

God is Faithful!

God is faithful....even when I am not!

I am so amazed by God and His never ending mercy and grace! I praise His name! In January I claimed my word for 2011 to be FEARLESS. I knew from past experience that I have lived too much of my life in FEAR. Afraid of the "what ifs" I have lived paralyzed and obviously lacking in faith. I could not move forward as the enemy confronted me at every turn. And I was oh so afraid of repeating past mistakes.

Yesterday as I sat in the Nail Salon with Kylea preparing for the big day of Shanna's wedding the movie with Evan as Noah building the ark in the current century was playing. One part of the movie really struck me this time. "God" was talking to Evan's wife and I am not quoting the words exactly but the just of what He was saying to her and I heard God speaking to me was that when we pray and ask for something God does not just strike us on the head with it but gives us the opportunity to display it.

My word that I claimed this year was FEARLESS. So God has not struck my heart with this unimaginable amount of courage but rather He has given me opportunity after opportunity to display it.....in my personal relationships and now in my life occupation. The question is am I going to live FEARLESS or fail in trusting HIM once again?

I keep going back to my crutch which at this point I am proud to claim is scripture in Psalm 91. Verse 1 and 2 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Verse 5 "You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday." Verse 14 and 15 "Because she loves me, says the Lord, I will rescue her; I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name. She will call upon me, and I will answer her; I will be with her in trouble, I will deliver her and honor her."

The other message HE spoke to me came from the book our neighborhood group is reading. The mom was talking about praying for her teenage son for years and having trouble waiting on the LORD to answer. She stated that God must have known and listed several verses concerning waiting on the LORD. My favorite is Isaiah 40:31 "They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." I love it that the verse does not contain the words that follow in the song "Teach me Lord to wait" I don't want any more lessons in waiting! I want answers! :)

I am.....
Awed by HIS mercy and grace!
Arla

No comments: